Hope you’re all well and that you’re continuing to enjoy the adventure that is Momento Temporis.
Lately I’ve been working on creating something new that will add on to the large Momento Temporis universe, so while I continue working on the story, I will shortly be able to present a small enjoyable multiplayer add-on.
So know that the project is still very much alive even if it’s a bit quiet here and my commitment to seeing it through to the end and to continue to build new and challenging areas in the world has not changed one bit. Hope to be able to update you with more details soon.
Thanks for sticking with me.
All the best,
Marcus, aka Burning Ice Games
Hope 2017 has treated you well so far. Here’s the somewhat delayed update that we promised.
- A new section in the innermost part of Cold Mountain.
- Changed some texts into icons instead.
- Nerfed the yetis a bit.
- Crash caused by too large textures.
- Blocking no longer works against acid when being submerged into it.
We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the support and feedback on the game during 2016. It means the world to us. Looking forward to bringing you more of Momento Temporis during 2017.
Here’s an update based on community feedback. Please keep it coming.
- Teleporting is now enabled everywhere when the current end of the game has been reached.
- Rage energy now never runs out during a jump.
- Control hint for backdashing is now less confusing.
Today is the day we’ve all been looking forward to, today the first part of the saga that is Momento Temporis will go into full release. During these past four months in Early Access, a ton of feedback and ideas for the game has been collected from the community. A big thank you to all of you who have contributed.
This is the first complete part of the game to be fully released into the community. This will give you many many hours of fun (and frustration) as you find your way through the three existing regions and all their secrets, challenges, enemies and bosses.
For the release, the community has helped out with translations for the following languages; Swedish, German, French, Polish, Chinese, Russian, Ukrainian, Italian, Czech, Portuguese, Spanish and Hungarian.
A few pointers for when you play the game:
- Don’t just dodge your enemies, finishing them off can earn you many different kinds of perks.
- Don’t forget to check the inventory and map regularly as you progress through the world.
- Don’t forget to keep an eye out for secrets, that seemingly solid wall might not be so solid after all…
Here’s a list of the changes since the last patch was released.
- Spirit Essence, a currency used for upgrading some of your stats. Can be found in chests or be dropped by enemies.
- Stat upgrading stations.
- Challenge rooms.
- Crystal keys which unlocks said challenge rooms.
- A final challenge at the end of the current game.
- Long distance teleporter in Cold Mountain.
- Power cells, which powers up inactive long distance teleporters.
- More icons to the map.
- Some missing sounds for monsters and spells.
- Crash involving spell casters’ homing projectiles.
- Some texts missing in some languages (English is used as fallback language for not yet localized texts).
- Some letters showing incorrectly in some languages.
If you encounter any bugs or glitches when playing the game, please get in touch through support@501Industries.com or log the issue in the sub forum in the Community Hub. 501 Industries also has a brand new group where all their games can be discussed, check it out here.
Momento Temporis is a massive 2D, pixel-art, Metroidvania style, platformer. Use your skills to dodge worms and flesh eating plants as you jump over vats of acid to get to the artifact that unlocks the gate to the next part of the game where you continue your search for your lost memories.
In Momento Temporis you play as Hania, a girl who finds herself in a treacherous land with all kinds of monsters and enemies. With only her wit and fighting skills to help her survive she sets out on an exploration of this strange landscape in search for answers to her past and how she came to be here.
Part one features three fully fleshed out regions packed with lots of secrets, enemies and challenges to explore. Learn new ways to fight using spells, potions and combinations. Find hidden passages and treasures to help you on your way. Hone your skills in the challenge rooms while trying to reach the highest level. Curiosity, brains and reflexes are your biggest assets in this challenging game.
Momento Temporis is currently available for PC and Mac.
To learn more about the game, visit the webpage: www.momentotemporis.com or visit the Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/496310.
Momento Temporis: Light from the Deep is developed by the small Swedish indie studio Burning Ice Games (email@example.com) and is being published by 501 Industries (press@501Industries.com).
Press kit with video and screenshot is available on the website: http://www.momentotemporis.com/press/
After working through everything with the help of beta testers the game is now ready to be fully released!
Note that this is the first part of the game going into full release, there’s still more to come before the game is complete. This first part of the game has reached it’s complete and finished state.
So what’s in this first part?
- There are three major areas to play, Grasslands, Red Caves and Cold Mountain.
- In the game you’ll encounter enemies and bosses of varying difficulty. Killing these have many perks, not just the fact that they can’t kill you when they’re dead. And don’t miss out on the slow mo effects!
- Visit the challenge rooms to hone your skills and earn yourself bragging rights in the community. 😉
- Go through the world with a fine tooth comb and a healthy dose of imagination to find all the secrets hidden throughout.
For this and much more, check out the full release version this Thursday!
As you might have noticed there’s currently a sale on Momento Temporis. Don’t miss out on this chance to get the game at half price for yourself or a friend. Sale will end next week.
There’s also a new demo up to reflect the changes made to the game in recent patches. Be sure to try it out if you haven’t already!
In lieu of the full release, here’s a major patch for you all to enjoy. Don’t miss out on the special sale that’s on now, grab your copy before it’s gone. 🙂
All changes are noted below.
- more rooms to Grasslands.
- new enemy types to Grasslands and Red Caves.
- more rooms to the first/tutorial area.
- jump kick attack for Hania.
- punch and kick combo attacks.
- several small upgrade items.
- more information on the player death screen.
- rage energy now also increases attack speed.
- a combo tutorial room.
- a visual cue when Hania is exhausted from too many quick action inputs.
- the stamina and breath meters now flash when empty.
- falling too far onto the ground affects Hania negatively.
- control icons/hints over interactable objects and in menus.
- the map can now be zoomed in and panned.
- some missing animations to existing monsters.
- random idle animations for Hania.
- options: controls can be reset to default.
- options: gamepad button icon style can be changed for supported gamepads.
- animations and timing of Hania’s attacks.
- first boss (Artifact Guardians) has been remade completely.
graphical style of some rooms in Grasslands.
- graphical style of some rooms in Red Caves.
- how far monsters fly when you kill them.
- room transition animation.
- text looking corrupted or missing when recording the game with Fraps.
- various bugs.
Please keep the feedback coming to support@501Industries.com
501 Industries is happy to present our new bundle featuring two great games; Pro Gamer Manager and Momento Temporis: Light from the Deep.
In this bundle you’ll of course find the excellent platformer Momento Temporis (that will see a new update very soon).
You will also find Pro Gamer Manager which saw a major update coming out earlier today, completely changing the look and experience of the game, but still keeping true to the core idea of the game.
Don’t miss this opportunity to buy these great two games together!
The past few weeks has seen a lot of feedback coming in about Momento Temporis and after looking through those and thinking it through carefully we’ve come to the decision that the game is not going to be released this week as previously announced. Of course this is not ideal but it’s the best decision for the game in the long run. We won’t leave you totally empty handed though, there will be a bigger patch in the near future.
To make the game even better this is what we’ve decided for the continued development.
To get even more feedback from more players there will be a sale starting Thursday. The game will be available at 50% discount for a limited time only and hopefully this will lead to lots of feedback on how to improve the game. Or even better, get an even heavier discount by buying the 501 Industries bundle and get Pro Gamer Manager as well.
Momento Temporis will when going into full release be divided into parts. Part one is almost complete as you read this. The rest will be developed later, after the full release of part one, and will of course not come as a paid DLCs, you’ll still get all that’s been planned all along as free updates, just in a slightly different manner.