Finally the day has arrived. Momento Temporis: Light from the Deep just went live into Steam’s Early Access program. I’m beyond excited about this! :)
The plan for Early Access is to make periodic updates through patches and regular communication with the community through the Steam platform. As the work continues I’ll try to be as transparent with the process as possible, without spoiling the game too much of course, through blogging and engaging with the community.
Why Early Access?
I wanted to get the game out to the community so that could take on board everyone’s thoughts and suggestions as I finish the game and the Early Access platform is in my mind a great way to do this.
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
The current version is a part of the map that is planned for the finished game. It’s a fully playable smaller version that will still give you several hours of entertainment. Most things planned for these parts are implemented in this version although details may still change.
Apart from the plans of expanding the world into eight different parts that I’ve talked about before, here are some other things I’m thinking about. And I can’t stress this enough, this is ideas for where I’m heading, nothing is set in stone.
- One or more bosses to fight in each area.
- More puzzles involving the use of spells.
- Special game modes, challenge modes, such as respawning enemies, or the game going super fast.
- Custom made music instead of placeholders.
- Steam achievements.
- Porting the game to at least Linux as well.
- Doing some live streams of the development of the game, either on Twitch or YouTube or both.
I’d love to hear from you guys, what you think about the game and what you’d like to see happen with the game in the future. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.